Sunday, January 19, 2014

Six Ways Winter Round-up

Ugh. I am so over winter. I truly do not enjoy anything about winter. I don't partcipate in any outdoor winter activities. I don't like to drive in winter muck At. All. I really hate what dry, winter air does to my skin and hair. Blech. I don't really even like to dress for winter weather--except maybe boots--I love boots.  I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but I am really yearning and longing for some warmer temps and longer days! To pep me up and reinvigorate me and my winter blahs I decided to look back through our Six Ways posts and highlight some winter fashion trends to get you AND me through the remaining weeks (or heaven forbid, months) of winter!

1. My only winter favorite--BOOTS! (link to original post)
 2. To stave off my winter doldrums, I try to dress in bold, bright colors that make me happy. My red skinnies do just that! (link to original post)
3. Cozy up in a big sweater or cardigan and pair it with some no-fail dark wash denim. (link to original post)


4. On those days where you want to be comfy AND warm, grab yourself some fleece-lined leggings. I have them in three colors and reach for them so often in the winter months. They go great with boots and a comfy cardigan. (link to original post)
5. A blazer is the PERFECT winter layering piece. It adds warmth without frumpiness and without making you lose your shape. Find one in a bold color to add some umph to your winter fashion. (link to original post)
6. Now to my FAVORITE (besides boots I guess) winter accessory--SCARVES. Boy do I enjoy a chunky scarf for some added warmth. Do not underestimate how warm a scarf can make you. Plus, you look totes adorbs! (That was for you Billy and Erin!) (link to original post)

Hopefully some of these styles will get you through to the first signs of Spring! 



No comments: