Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pinbuster~{Pantry Organization}!

When you are feeding a family of six, food is a big deal. It's expensive and takes up a lot of space. We are fortunate enough to have a walk-in pantry in our home to store all of our food items. However, the pantry is always a disaster and complete mess where I have a hard time finding anything I need. I find myself standing in the doorway, staring at mounds of food and saying with a sigh, "We have nothing to make for dinner." Ridiculous right? I vowed that I would conquer the pantry mess over our winter break. I scoured Pinterest for pantry organization ideas and was instantly overwhelmed. My budget for the whole job was about $150.00. I wanted new storage options, different garbage and recycling bins, and labeled containers so my kids and hubby would be able to easily maintain the storage I implemented. I "took the best and left the rest" of the Pinterest ideas and got to work. Here's the before:

No shame! We couldn't find anything in here!

Here are the steps I went through to organize this lovely mess!

1. Took everything out and got rid of any expired food.
2. Cleaned each shelf with a hot water and vinegar mix and mopped the floors. 
3. Purchased some large bins and containers from Ikea, Home Goods, and WalMart.
4. Placed remaining food and other items back in pantry using storage solutions.
5. Purchased chalkboard labels and chalk ink pen from Etsy. 
6. Labeled each container for easy use! Even had enough labels to do my baking cupboard too! 
7. Enjoy the new organized space!

Check out a few of the after pics! 

My chalkboard labels

All finished!! 

My baking cupboard got a mini-makeover too! 

Hope we have inspired you to take on an organization project. Get inspired on Pinterest!




1 comment:

Embellished Angel said...

You make your mama proud! :)