Sunday, November 17, 2013

Six Ways to Style~{A Cognac Leather Jacket}

This is one of my favorite layering pieces in my closet! I am a tiny bit obsessed with cognac (the color!) right now too. I love it in belts, boots, and blazers! The one we are styling here has so many great details and embellishments and the perfect, tailored fit. I find myself throwing it over so many outfits.

 (This SAME ONE is on clearance right now at Target for $19.99! Bah! Go get it! )

Want a cognac leather jacket?
1 /  2 

1. Chambray Sure
There will be a future six ways post on this cream skinnies! I just love how simple this outfit is, yet so pulled together. Wearing a chambray shirt as your bottom layer is always a sure bet. Every time. The cognac jacket does so much for the overall look and feel of the outfit. I threw on orange flats for a pop of color.

Chambray: Kohls
Skinnies: Old Navy
Flats: Banana Republic

2. Mixin Prints
Polka-dots and stripes! (Check out our Print on Print posts for more tips on mixing prints.) The jacket is the perfect accent to this look. The black and white prints give detail while the jacket finishes it off. And of course...LEOPARD print shoes bring it all together. LOVE this look!

Sleeveless: Good Will!
Tank: Nordstrom Rack
Skinny jeans: Herberger's
Shoes: Target

3. Animal Instinct
Animal print is my new black. I used to be in this awful rut where I wore black nearly every day. It forced me to be on a strict "no black buying" shopping diet. However, I feel as though I now have an addiction to animal print because I buy it and wear it all the time. I adore it here under the cognac jacket. Oh well. This is a perfect going out look that looks comfy and chic at the same time.

Cardigan: Kohls
Tank: Old Navy
Skinnies: American Eagle
Flats: Von Maur, Born

4. Layered Love
For this look, I chose a lighter chambray shirt with a great striped sweater. I picked a orange statement necklace to add a pop of color. The nude sparkle shoes are the perfect way to complete it without going over the top.

Chambray: Charlotte Russe
Sweater: Gap
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Skinny jeans: Herberger's
Shoes: Target

5. Say Yes to a Dress
This is another great example of how to stretch your wardrobe through several seasons. I used to classify this black dress as a strictly summer staple. However, when I was thinking about how to layer with my cognac jacket, it popped in my mind. The boot sox and matching cognac boots give it a perfect fall vibe. I added a little pop with the gold and turquoise necklace and suddenly had a fabulous fall look...from a summer dress. Say yes!

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft
Boot Socks: Target
Boots: Tilly's
Necklace: ancient!

6. Leather Squared
Can't get enough of Black and Brown! (Check out a previous posts on pairing these two neutrals.)The leggings are a faux leather and the combo with the jacket is amazing! The green necklace adds just enough to bring it all together.

Sleeveless: Charlotte Russe
Leggings: Forever 21
Necklace: Jo Ann Fabrics!
Shoes: The Buckle