Sunday, November 24, 2013

Six Ways to Style~{Boots for Fall}

The ONLY reason I wish for fall and winter is so I can break out my decent boot collection. I adore boots and what they can add to an outfit. I am fully aware that you "can" wear them in the summer as well, but I have too many cute sandals to do so. When it is boot season though I go ALLLL out. We thought we would share a few of our favorite types of boots and how to style them for the fall. Check out the links for some places to purchase your own.

1. Hiking Chic
We are loving the trend of masculine style boots for fall. Combat boots and hiking-esque boots can be found everywhere right now. They add a perfect, chunky compliment to leggings and skinny jeans.

Get some!

2. Sox Appeal
Boot Socks! Love this trend. You can pick a printed sock or a sweater sock for a little more detail rather than just a plain design. These are a great pair of gray suede boots with three tiny buckles on the back rim. They go with more than you think. I've paired them with a ton of different colors. I used a water proof spray on them so they would stay protected.

Get some!

3. Not Just for Mud
A friend of mine introduced me to Bogs two winters ago. Where I live, winters can be brutal and I HATE having cold feet. I scored a pair of Bogs on super duper clearance that year and am so in love with them. They are completely water proof and totally toasty. Did I mention they are good to 20 degrees below zero? Yep.  I wear them religiously in the winter and change into my cute flats and pumps once I get to my destination. Makes winter much more bearable when you tootsies are toasty.

Get some!

4. Perfect Slouch
The boots match the belt. This is an easy way to stay coordinated in your outfit picks. I have to say I wear these boots ALL the time! This is the most basic color and texture (light brown/leather) that goes with just about everything. They have a buckle around the ankle for a touch of detail. If you're looking to buy your first pair of boots, I highly suggest a pair similar to these.

Get some!

 
 
5. Over the Knee Glee
My husband says there is just something racy about over the knee boots.....? I think it might be the whole Pretty Woman thing.  Anyway, I could care less. I got this pair from Urganog and adore them. They can be worn tall or folded down and add so much to any outfit. Mine are a flat stye and are super comfy for walking around. 

Get Some!

6. Bootie
Ankle boots! These are a great accessory to skinny jeans. I chose to add some lacey boot socks for added detail. Pick a pair that have a buckle or some detail to finish off the look. If you're not quite ready to be so trendy, these work well under most pant leg cuts.

Get some!

Come back Tuesday to enter our GIVE AWAY!

No comments: