Saturday, August 24, 2013

Six Ways to Style--Blue skinnies!



I have owned this blue pair of skinnies for nearly two years and am still madly in love with them. I worried a bit when I bought them that they would be a flash-in-the-pan trend...not so! September's issue of InStyle magazine has this cobalt hue as a huge fall trend to watch and wear. I snagged mine at Marshall's for a song and they are still paying dividends! We hope you can see how many different ways you can style this bold hue.

Where to find some blue skinnies/bottoms of your own:
Old Navy: Boyfriend cropped
Old Navy: Skinny
Gap: Straight Cords

1. Black and Blue
This look is perfect for Sunday morning church service or a night out on the town. The cardigan brings the texture, while the sleeveless brings the bling. It goes great with the bright blue to take it up a notch! Love it!!

Cardigan: Target (similar)
Sleeveless: Good Will $3.99! (similar)
Shoes: Payless (similar)

2. Right Stripes
This outfit takes advantage of the monochromatic look--wearing the same color from head to toe. The shirt is broken up by a gray stripe which works perfectly with the large, comfy cardigan. Silver accessories finish up the look.

Top: Von Maur (similar)
Cardigan: Von Maur (similar)
Pants: Marshalls
Shoes: Target (similar)

3. Right as Rainbow
Color Blocking! YAY! One of my favorite trends right now. There is a little blue detail in the tank to pull it together, but the pink says POW! I love it! This is a great summer look to brighten anyone's day. I chose a nude flat...to not get too crazy...and I didn't want to take away from the outfit itself.

Cardigan: Gap (similar)
Tank: Wal-Mart $3.00! (similar)
Shoes: Von Maur (Born) (similar)


4. Leather and Lace
I love mixing masculine and feminine pieces together in an outfit. The leather jacket's edgy vibe is softened by the lace, neutral top. This neutral pairing on the top begs for a pop of color on the bottom and these blue pants are just the ticket. Cognac wedges and gold accessories add some essential shine.

Jacket: Target (same-on clearance for 19.99!)
Top: Limited  (similar)
Pants: Marshalls
Shoes: Target (similar)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe (similar)

5. Are you blushing?
I found this color combo on Pinterest. I was looking for some ideas of  colors that I wouldn't usually put together, but as soon as I saw them I wondered, "Why didn't I think of that?" This blush shirt with the white jacket plays as a base to tone down the poppin' pants. I added a little cognac color for accessories for the finishing touch.

Blazer: Cotton On (similar)
Shirt: Target (similar)
Shoes: Target (similar)

6. Chevron Comfort
We get it. Sometimes you just wanna be (have to be) comfy. However, we do not get why comfy should be frumpy? Comfy can be cute and it does not take anymore effort than frumpy comfy does. Take this outfit for example: Perfect tee, casual cardi, and an adorable print scarf= super comfy AND cute. Plus you could walk around all day in these essential nude flats. Lets unite and demand comfy and cute!

Scarf: Homemade
Tee: Target (same)
Cardigan: Gap Outlet (similar)
Shoes: Kohl's (see link above for nude flats #3)
Bracelets: Stacked



 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't had the nerve to try a skinny pant yet, much less in cobalt, but you've made me want to try now. My favorite is the rainbow one, but as an almost 50 yr old, I'd probably bettter go with the last photo with the scarf - a more (ahem!) mature look.

emangel said...

Do it! My mom is in her 60's and she wears skinny jeans. Go for a straight skinny vs a super skinny and I am sure they will flatter your figure! The colorful hue actually does wonders for slimming the leg and making them look longer! Go for it!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

I haven't opened a fashion magazine in a couple of months, so I am DELIGHTED to hear that cobalt is still in because I've been wearing it a lot lately! I love these looks. Great remix!

Abby said...

I have a cobalt skinny too and it's one of my faves! Thanks for the style inspirations... now I know there are plenty of ways I can wear it!

Visiting from the linkup. Would you fancy following each other on GFC or other social networks? I'd love to keep up with your posts. Just let me know if you're interested.
www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

Preethi said...

I love these looks - such cute pants! I especially love the one with the scarf!

preethi
lace, etc.

Emily @ LaForce Be With You said...

Really like these looks! I love cobalt and now I need some cobalt pants!

Laura said...

I just bought a pair of cobalt skinnies, so I am super happy about this remix!

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Such a great remix! I actually did a really similar pair of blue pants for my remix too! I, like you, was actually surprised at how versatile they are!

emangel said...

Thanks so much for doing this link up! I have been a fan of your blog forever and it has been beyond cool to be part of this! Thanks for checking us out!

emangel said...

Thanks for checking us out! We are not on any social networks (yet) but we would love for you to follow our blog. We will do the same!

emangel said...

My mom made the scarf for me! I loved the time I spent on your blog. lovely!

emangel said...

Rock 'em girl!

emangel said...

Get some! You will love them!

emangel said...

We loved your remix too! I loved seeing new ideas on how to wear them. Love this link up!