Saturday, August 17, 2013

Six Ways to Style--Three Colors!

We are back after a mini vacay! These girls are trying to hold on to every last bit of summer time!

Holly and I were chatting about one of my favorite trends--Origami Owl (post coming next week on this!) living lockets. We were flipping through the catalog for the necklaces and kept noticing how much we loved the color palette of the catalog. Ding!! Idea!! How about a Six Ways post that shows how you can style SIX DIFFERENT OUTFITS using only THREE COLORS + a unifer?? It was actually waaaay easier than we thought and we cannot wait to try a fall version. The colors we chose were: pink (hot and neon), neon yellow, and turquoise. We chose white as a base or unifying color in several of the outfits as well. Each color is represented in each outfit at least once. No matter how BIG or small! We hope you love it as much as we do!! Give us some suggestions for future three color posts in the comments.
1. Shorts Savvy
I have been sportin these hot pink shorts from Old Navy all summer long. They are soft and comfy and pop my outfit and my mood all in one fell swoop. Paired with my favorite white tee from Target and life is good. I added our two other colors using turquoise flats and necklace and a neon belt. 

Shorts: Old Navy (similar)
Tee: Target (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy(similar)
Belt: Forever 21(similar)
Necklace: Bass Outlet

2. Right on Ruffles
This dress was another great clearance purchase from Old Navy. It has incredible color versatility and I find myself wearing it to run errands or to an afternoon wedding. The hot pink, ruffled cardi demands to be noticed and almost gets outshone by the neon belt, shoes, and bracelet. 

Cardigan: New York and Co (similar)
Dress: Old Navy (similar)
Belt: Forever 21(similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (see link above)
Bracelet: Burlington Coat Factory

3. Maxi Style
Love maxi skirts this season! This one is turquoise and sometimes I question what to put with it...Until I started color blocking. I paired it with a white shirt with mini neon stripes. The hot pink statement necklace and sandals finishes it off for another pop of color.

Skirt: homemade by Emily's Mom
Shirt: Old Navy (similar)
Necklace: Jo-Ann Fabrics! $5.99 (same)
Sandals: Marshalls (similar)

4. Pump It Up
Any excuse to wear these turquoise pumps and this girl is going to take it. These shoes make my feet happy. People often say they could not pull of a brightly hued shoe and I say--do it anyway. I love the color blocked feel to this entire outfit and will totally admit that it has lead me to at least three other color blocked outfits--more from Holly on this later! 

Blazer: JC Penney (similar)
Top: The Limited
Belt: Target (similar)
Pants: Gap
Shoes: JC Penney (similar)

5. Rock This Trio
White is such a good summer neutral! It tones down the colors if your not feeling too adventurous.The pink and neon brighten up the top and the turquiose accessories pulls it all together. ADORABLE!!

Cardigan: Limited
Shirt: Gap
Pants: Ann Taylor Loft
Necklace: Jo-Ann Fabrics! $3.99 (same)
Shoes: Old Navy (See link above)

6. Accessory Ace
I love this 3/4 turquoise sleeve shirt. I wear it all year round. Throw it with white shorts and it's a summer look. Easy Peasy! (Sorry, I have kids) I added a pink belt, then a neon necklace and sandals. It all just goes together, we were having trouble picking our favorite 6 for you from all of our creations.

Shirt: Old Navy (similar)
Shorts: Old Navy
Belt: Target (See link above)
Necklace: American Eagle
Sandals: Herbergers


3 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely love this idea! i can't wait for a fall post like this one :)

emangel said...

Thanks Niki--Its coming soon!

Shari said...

I LOVE this idea! I'd been trying to do something pretty similar to this and when I saw this post I fell in love. I would love to see this with red, cobalt, emerald, and black/camel/grey as the unifier.

Thank you!!! This helped me a lot with my work capsule wardrobe!!