Saturday, August 31, 2013

Six Ways to Style---Printed Shorts!

This six ways post is kind of our last hurrah to summer where we live. Squeeze every lost drop out of this short wearing weather is what we say! If you live somewhere where you get to wear shorts more than just three months out of the year, I must say, I am jealous. If you took even a tiny look around stores this summer you had to have noticed a HUGE trend in shorts....printed and patterned shorts. You could find everything from bold florals and aztec prints to subtle dots and stripes. Holly and I both enjoyed this trend and thought we could give you our take on styling these fun bottoms. I stuck with the same denim polka dot pair from the Limited while Holly played around with plaids and prints.

1. Cut it Out!
I picked up these chambray-ish polka dot shorts at the Limited and have found that they go with just about anything. I first paired them with this cool cut out shirt, also from the Limited. The shirt has the cut out layer and then a colored layer underneath. The colored layer is the ever trendy hot orange and I love it with these printed shorts. Watch out though--necklaces tend to get stuck in the little cut-outs!

Top: Limited (no longer available)
Shorts: Limited (similar)
Sandals: Marshalls
Necklace: Forever 21(similar)

2. Say it with Layers
These shorts have a small multi-colored plaid pattern. I just picked out a couple of colors and layered my tanks accordingly. The lime green accents are the perfect added detail to make this look pop.

Tanks: Gray- Old Navy (similar)
            Lime- Target (similar)
Shorts: Target (similar)
Necklace: American Eagle (similar)

Sandals: Herberger's


3. Dot your I's
I ended up purchasing this Lauren Conrad shirt from Kohl's after I saw the gray version on J's Everyday Fashion blog. It was super inexpensive but has high end details. The turquoise color looks fantastic against these printed shorts. I pulled it together with a navy light weight cardigan and a cream statement necklace. I went with nude flats to let the color on top have the limelight.

Sweater: Limited (similar)
Top: Kohl's (same) They have it in coral too!
Shorts: Limited (similar)
Shoes: Kohl's (similar)
Necklace: Groopdealz

4. Scarf--meet shorts
Love the color combos possible with these shorts. They have dk brown, lt brown, beige, mustard, and blush tones. These colors ease into the fall season, so I chose to grab a scarf. This outfit would be super cute with a mustard shirt and a cardigan if it gets cool out but you're still committed to wearing shorts. Heels to kick it up a notch! Pun intended...haha!

Shirt: Target (similar)
Shorts: Kohls (similar)
Heels: Target (similar)
Scarf: Home made by yours truly (Pinterest)

5. Belt it Out
One of my favorite color combos is mustard yellow and blue. In this outfit I use the mustard as my color pop and then accented with several shades of blue in the shorts, shirt, and necklace. The cognac belt and shoes are the perfect accent to this color palette. 

Top: The Limited (similar)
Shirt: Kohl's (similar)
Shorts: Limited (similar)
Shoes: Target (similar)
Belt: Von Maur (similar)
Necklace: Groopdealz

6. Tee it up
Turquoise Tribal print!! Love tribal print! All these shorts need is a white T and some color poppin' accessories. The shorts carry the entire look. It took me like two seconds to get ready... EASY!

Shirt: Target (same)
Shorts: Old Navy (similar)
Belt: Old Navy(similar)
Necklace: American Eagle (see link above)
Sandals: Herberger's


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love printed shorts. Can't believe the summer is almost over so I won't be able to wear them for much longer.
Great outfit options. They all look amazing.

Pia
pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

emangel said...

Thanks so much! I am going to miss my shorts too! Summer went way too fast!

emangel said...

Thanks so much! I am going to miss my shorts too! Summer went way too fast!

emangel said...

Thanks so much! I am going to miss my shorts too! Summer went way too fast!