Thursday, October 24, 2013

Trend Watch: {Print on Print}

Trend Watch: Print on Print
 So many times I catch myself grabbing a plain "undershirt" to go with a printed "overshirt". I started experimenting with mixing prints and take a peek at what I came up with! Too Cute!! Adding another print can totally add to the style of your outfit. I was so afraid of being "to busy". Take a look for yourself-- it's not too busy-- it's too AMAZING! I chose more subtle colors to explain what I'm talking about, but don't limit yourself. Add in some dimension with color. Add colored bottoms if you chose the same tones on top. Or a great statement necklace for a pop of color.  Catch my drift?
First Look: Striped over plaid
Second Look: Dots over stripes
Third Look: Striped over animal print
I also LOVE big polka dots over small polka dots. Same pattern, but slightly different. You can put together almost anything! Let us know what you find or which look you're willing to try.  
Print on Print


~Holly


3 comments:

Unknown said...

i have always had the same reservations, worrying that it would be "too busy." but i love the first outift and i even have those exact boots already! can't wait to try something like this out.

Anonymous said...

Where is the white with navy stripe sweater from? I love it!

emangel said...

That exact sweater is not available but here are two similar options:
http://www.forever21.com/product/product.aspx?br=F21&category=whatsnew_all&productid=2031558088&variantid=

http://www.jcpenney.com/wear-to-work/mng-by-mango-striped-sweater/prod.jump?ppId=pp5003180188&catId=cat100210006&deptId=dept20000013&Nao=384&pN=17&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&colorizedImg=DP0830201317132647M.tif&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-J84DHJLQkR4-_-1-_-10