Sunday, October 20, 2013

Six Ways to Style~ {Faux Leather Leggings}

I'll admit I would never have pegged myself as a leather pants kind of girl. They seemed pretty edgy to me. Plus, every time I think of leather pants I think of the Friends episode where Ross has some major leather pant malfunctions and I end up laughing uncontrollably about Joey telling him to, "make a pair of paste pants." (I am so laughing right now!) Anyway, I tucked my Friends phobia about leather pants away and took the plunge. Forever 21 had faux leather leggings for just $13.50! The perfect price point for a fashion item that you are not 100% sure about. Well it turns out....I love them! They are ridiculously comfortable and very easy to style and wear. They still hold a bit of an edgy vibe for me and I am finding that I like it. You should totally rock this trend too!
Faux leather leggings: Forever 21 (similar)

1. Cognac Casual
Black on black with a touch of green. This look is casual chic. It's perfect for a date night or a ladies night.  The cognac leather jacket is a great color contrast to accent the entire outfit. Check out the Black & Brown post to get more ideas for mixing these colors.

Sleeveless: Good Will! $6.99 (similar)
Jacket: Target (same)
Necklace: Jo-Ann Fabrics (similar)
Flats: The Buckle (similar)

2. Bold Beauty
Any wardrobe needs a fun, bold print. It's an easy way to give your look some dimension. A great leather accented jacket is the perfect choice to add to the look but not be too edgy. And oh those boots are amazing!!

Sleeveless: The Limited
Jacket: (similar)
Boots: Target (similar)


3. Graphic Hue
Love me a graphic T!! This shirt makes the outfit. I chose to pair it with the Hot Pink blazer (any color would work) and a great chunky statement necklace. Of course I had to throw on my leopard print flats to finish off the look. LOVE IT!! Our Graphic T Time post has more tips on styling a graphic T.

Graphic T: Forever 21 (similar)
Blazer: Kohls (similar)
Necklace: Target
Flats: Target (similar)

4. Polka Dot Dare
This look could have easily had a pop of color for a blazer or a great statement necklace, but there is something so classy about black and white. It's a timeless classic. The polka dots and leather take the outfit to a more modern 50's feel. What's not to love?

Shirt: Forever 21 (same)
Blazer: Cotton On (similar)
Flats: The Buckle (similar)

5. Layered Animal
I have to confess, I was wasn't originally thinking of animal print under the chambray, but my shirt doesn't exactly button up these days. (Thus the double time baby bump-twins!) So I was flipping through my closet and thought I'd give the animal print a try. So cute! And the layers are perfect for the fall temps. You never know what you're going to come up with until you try it on together. Keep experimenting!

Sleeveless: Macy's clearance rack (similar)
Chambray: Good Will!
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Flats: Target (same)

6. Dress Up
If the leather seems to be a little much for you, use a dress to tone it down a little. This is an easy way to start your venture into a more conservative edgy realm... (If that even exists?) The heels and the necklace add the finishing touch needed to pull it all together. Too cute! 

Dress: (similar)
Necklace: (similar)
Heels: JC Penney

No comments: