Saturday, January 11, 2014

Six Ways to Style~{Olive Skinnies}

Man do I love a great fashion steal! Especially when its on something I have had on my wish list for a long time. My new favorite neutral color is olive/army green. I adore my olive vest and recently got an olive army style jacket as well. Throw in a cardigan in the same hue and I almost had a complete set! What was missing? Olive pants--of any kind. These bottoms were on my wish list but I just could not find them for a price I wanted to pay. That is until a couple of weeks ago when Old Navy put all of their Rockstar skinnies on sale for 9 bucks. Yes...9 bucks each. The sale was good for one Saturday only and I got there early. ({Remember--buy Rockstar skinnies TWO sizes larger than your normal size for a good fit}I ended up purchasing 4 pair (4 pairs of pants for $36--that is a crazy deal my friends). One of my purchases was of course these fab olive green corduroy skinnies. I've already worn them twice and just had to style them for the blog!
Want some olive skinnies? 
1  /  2  /  

1. Chambray
Chambray goes with just about anything. It looks fabulous with these olive pants. I threw on a bold butterscotch-hued scarf to add a pop of color. Comfy ankle booties with gold accents dresses the look up a bit. 

Chambray: Kohl's
Scarf: Homemade (post coming soon!)
Booties: Jessica Simpson 

2. Contrast Color
One of the easiest styling tips we can give you is to add a contrasting color on top to what you have on the bottom. It's a simple look that pops. The look is balanced out by the two neutrals in the pants and the cardigan. Comfy Sperry's make this the perfect running around outfit. 

Cardigan: The Limited
Top: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's
Necklace: Southern Comfort Charms
Shoes: Sperry

3. Leather and Leopard
I love styling these cords up a notch using leather and a little animal print. How could you go wrong? The basic striped T keeps the look casual while the leather and leopard add a bit of WOW. The gold necklace acts as the perfect accent piece. 

Jacket: TJ Maxx
Top: Gap
Booties: Sam and Libby at Target
Necklace : Charlotte Russe

4. Army Basics
Layers and scarves are everyday staples for where we live--frozen tundra and all. ;) I love using this army jacket as an extra outer layer for those really chilly days. The navy stripe tank works perfectly with the neutral bottoms. 

Scarf: Old Navy
Jacket: Kohl's
Flats: Target
Top: Gap

5. Polka Dot Prints
Have you listened to us yet about mixing prints? Well you can even mix similar prints and get adorable results. Here we have two different polka dot prints and they compliment one another perfectly. I just how the two neutral pieces pop! Some sassy neutral pumps make the whole look come together. 

Sweater: Old Navy
Blouse: F21
Pumps: JC Penney

6. Plaid Pleasure
I am super into the plaid button up trend right now. (American Eagle has theirs on major sale now!) I love the red base of this one and you would be shocked at how many things you can style with this. I hope to do a six ways on it soon! This look feels super casual but is pulled together enough for going out. 

Plaid: F21
Tank: Gap
Necklace: Jennifer Dahl Designs
Shoes: Old Navy 




No comments: