Saturday, September 7, 2013

Six Ways to Style~ An Army Vest + a little announcement (or two!)

Holly and I have a pretty good gig going here on our little blog. We have a small, loyal audience which we think totally rocks. Plus we have a ton of fun working on our posts--planning outfits, taking pics, etc. A huge bonus is that we are pretty much the exact same size. We wear the same pant size, shirt size, and shoe size! We can do our outfit posts with ease--Many people even have a hard time telling who is who in our headless shots!  Well the good gig is getting a bit better, however it is going to get a bit harder to share clothes and a bit easier to tell us apart because Miss Holly is starting to sport a bump.....A baby bump..... A double baby bump! YEP! Two babies! We are definitely going to have to work in a few Six Ways to Style your Bump posts! Holly says we should style her mini-bump, medium-bump, and then her MEGA-bump! Leave some love for Holly in the comments would ya? I'll hold down the ship for a while as far as the Six Ways posts go, but Holly is going to rock the maternity world with her adorable bumpin style too. Stay tuned! 

On to this weeks Six Ways (take a peek at Holly's bump!) to Style--an army vest! I picked up this vest during one of Old Navy's 30% off the Entire Store sale (excluding clearance--bummer I say!) and have fallen head over heels in love with it. It is a FANTASTIC layering piece and it acts as a beautiful neutral. Pick one up and get layering! Click HERE to get one!




1. Yell for Yellow
I was hesitant at first to pair this vest with another sleeveless top but I couldn't resist the yellow ruffles! I love how the top is super feminine against the masculinity of the vest. The two colors are perfect together. I will definitely sport this outfit (you know how I love my AE jeans!) tons this fall. Our temps in the morning can be quite chilly but we often hit 75 by the afternoon still. This will be perfect! Look how those yellow flats just tie it all together!

Top: JC Penny (similar)
Pants: American Eagle (same)
Shoes: Target (similar)
Necklace: Origami Owl 

2. Stripe up the band!
I LOVE this striped shirt! It is SO comfy and nice and long to wear with leggings. The stripes are enough detail for the entire outfit, but of course I needed a little bling. Gold, glitter flats add the perfect touch of feminine detail to this masculine look.

Shirt: Aerie (similar)
Leggings: Marshalls
Flats: Target (similar)
Necklace: Target

3. Coral me Happy
I really wanted a color to POP against the army khaki of this vest. Coral is my new happy place color so why not? This casual outfit would be perfect for running around or going to a farmer's market. I have practically worn out these boyfriend capris from Old Navy and love that they go with anything. As for shoes, you can never go wrong with some cheetah flats!

Shirt: Old Navy (similar)
Pants: Old Navy (same)
Shoes: Macy's (similar)
Necklace: Origami Owl (see link above)

4. Denim Does Layers
Layer it up! Usually with a vest, one would grab a long sleeve shirt to go under, but don't rule out those cardigans. They both open in the front, but it creates a great layered look. I added the denim skirt to dress it up and heels for a finishing touch.

Shirt: Limited (similar)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft (similar)
Shoes: DSW (similar)
Necklace: Forever 21 (similar)

5. Bootcamp Chambray
Every time I wear this dress it makes me think of my sis, Amy. Why? Well I dug it out of her Goodwill pile a few years ago. Yes, folks--she was getting rid of it. I cannot tell you how many times and ways I have styled this dress. I just knew it would be exactly what my new vest needed too. I cannot wait to rock the boot sox trend too!

Dress: (similar)
Boots: Von Maur (similar)
Belt: Von Maur

6. Khaki Kozy
Love this look! All of the tones are similar, but different enough to create contrast. I'm so excited to start wearing scarves again as we get back into cooler temps. Cozy is the perfect way to describe it. Black leggings and brown boots ties it all together.

Shirt: Target (similar)
Scarf: a small town drugstore (similar)
Leggings: Marshalls
Boots: Macy's (similar)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Holly! I'm excited for bump dressing as I am due in January. Bring on the cute bump clothing... Jen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! I have twins (one years old) and it's the hardest AND the best thing ever happen in my life :) So much love !

kendra said...

HOLLY! HOLY MOLY CONGRATS :) I can't wait for bump pictures, for baby pictures, and everything in between, etc!

Holly said...

Thanks everybody! We are SO excited. This is baby 4 & 5 for us, so it's going to be chaos. I'm going to try for organized chaos, but we'll see! Of course all the while being totally stylish.
~Holly