Sunday, September 22, 2013

Six Ways to Style: {Mustard Skinnies!}

I really had an aversion to this color when it first started popping up EVERYWHERE about two years ago. I'm sorry but it reminded me of breastmilk baby poop. Gross, I know. It took me a while to warm up to it. I started out small with a cardigan and eventually bit the bullet and bought mustard skinnies. I find it completely hard to believe that I used to think this color was less then appetizing. I adore it now and am shocked often at how many fashion items it goes with. Maybe you need to get over your own aversion to this shade! Go for it!

Get some for yourself!
Marshalls (corduroy Levis-Holly)
Herberger's (Emily)

1. Stripes for the Win
 I have a fear of being too matchy-matchy but this sweater was calling my name. I have paired it with dark skinnies as well but it just works so well with these mustard pants. The chambray acts as a separator between the two pieces and gives the outfit a casual vibe. Nude flats allow all the attention to be on the stripes. Find a pattern or striped shirt that has a hint of mustard and rock the two together!

Chambray: Kohl's
Sweater: Limited
Shoes: Kohl's (similar)

2. Laid back leather
This neutral shirt/jacket/shoe combo can go with any color of skinnies. This is one of my go-to looks. Gray, army green and leopard with any choice of color pop on the bottom. What's not to love?

Shirt: Target (same)
Jacket: Marshalls (similar)
Shoes: Target (same)

3. Animal Elegance
I firmly believe that animal print can go with just about anything. This print has a brown undertone that balances perfectly with the mustard pants. I threw on the pearl necklace to add an air of elegance to the whole combo.

Sweater: Kohl's (similar)
Tank: Maurices
Necklace: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Shoes: Von Maur (Sperry's)

4. Must do Mint
I always forget to put together mint and mustard. It's one of those combinations that you have to see it to believe it. It totally works! I chose a camel cardigan and cognac flats. The cream statement necklace brings the entire outfit up a notch.

Sleeveless: Marshalls (similar)
Cardigan: Target (similar)
Shoes: Garage Sale $1!
Neckalace: Groopdealz

5. Craving Chevron
Chevron is definitely the pattern of the year. I have been adding to my life in home decor, office supplies, and of course- my closet. I adore the stark contrast between the print and the pants. It totally pops! Let's take it over the top and throw on a sequined cardi! Love! 

Cardigan: New York and Co
Top: TJ Maxx (similar)
Boots: Charlotte Russe (similar)

6. We "rust" do lunch!
This is a very fally look. The rust and mustard compliment each other beautifully. I added a polka-dot cardigan for some detail and of course...leopard print flats. (I'm telling you, they go with just about everything!)

Shirt: Target (similar)
Cardigan: Old Navy (similar)
Flats: Target (same)


No comments: