Sunday, September 15, 2013

Six Ways to Style: {A Green Blazer}

This time of year is all about layering your outfits to match the weather. A perfect way to add an outer layer to your outfit is with a blazer. I could not resist styling this green one I picked up at Macy's for ELEVEN DOLLARS! Hollah! The color and weight of this blazer are ideal for the fall season. Total money! (green=money...no?....fine)

Want a green blazer?  Forever 21/ Target / Limited
1. Prints on Me!
I chose this great scarf to go with the green. There is a little green in it but the blue compliments the green, so it wouldn't have to have green in the actual print. A navy shirt layered under gives a little more detail than just a white T. Skinny jeans follow my line because the jacket doesn't totally flatter my shape. (See How to Styling Your Shape for more tips on that.) Another print on my shoe to finish it off.

Shirt: Target (similar)
Scarf: NY & Co. (similar)
Jeans: Herberger's
Shoes: Target (similar)

2. Animal Print Envy!
I saw a similar outfit to this in a magazine a few months back and distinctly remember wishing I had a green blazer to recreate it with. Well--here we are. The green blazer adds a perfect pop to the dark shades of the shirt and pants. Throw on a sassy shoe and anything is possible.

Blazer: Macy's
Top: Gap (similar)
Pant: Limited (similar)
Shoes: Target (similar)
Necklace: Jennifer Dahl Designs

3. Turquoise Treat
I found this inspiration on Pinterest a while back and have been dying to try it. It's a chambray shirt with a turquoise necklace  under the green blazer. I could  have chose white pants to dress up the look, but I chose to stay casual with the jeans. Leopard print flats for a little attitude. Viola!

Shirt: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Jeans: Herberger's
Necklace: Groopdealz
Shoes: Target (same)

4. White Hot Anchor
I am undeniably in love with this anchor tee from the Limited. I have always loved anchors and their spiritual symbolism. The big anchor trend in fashion lately is perfectly fine with me. Green and navy blue always manage to look stunning together. The white pant is a perfect balance to the bold green blazer.

Top: Limited (same--only XS left!)
Pant: Ann Taylor Loft (hard to find white pants this time of year!)
Shoe: Target (similar)

5. Dress? Yes!
This is a sweater dress that is SUPER comfy! It has a little detailing down the front, so it doesn't much for accessories. I chose to throw on brown boots to dress it down a little, and a mint necklace for another color.

Dress: Burlington Coat Factory (similar)
Necklace: Groopdealz
Boots: Macy's (similar)

6. Bubble Your Fun
A tiny part of me resists pairing yellow with green for two reasons: (1) I DO NOT want to be mistaken for a Packer fan, and (2) People might think I have a thing for John Deere. These reasons may not bother you at all but they always make me think twice about this color combo. However, I figured a little yellow bubble necklace won't hurt me. The colors do play well together so maybe the issue is all mine. My green reptile print flats give the whole outfit a little edge.

Tee: Target (same)
Necklace: GroopDealz
Pants: American Eagle (same)
Shoe: Old Navy (similar)




No comments: