Friday, September 27, 2013

Pinbuster: Ruler Growth Chart

Growth Chart made into DIY
(or Do It by Husband)
growth chart
Theirs
One day I was going to check my, at that time, 12 year olds' height. We made sure her feet were against the wall, she was standing up straight and tall, I went to make my little mark AND SHE WAS OFF THE CHART!! Our growth chart that we bought 12 years ago only went up to 5 feet.  We didn't even think it would be an issue. Well, I started searching for new ideas and I fell in love with this chart from Pottery Barn. Cha-ching. I know, but then I started thinking that it really didn't look too hard to make. I showed my husband, who happens to be pretty handy, and he says oh yeah that wouldn't take much. So we made a trip to Mills Fleet Farm and picked up what we needed. A 6ft 2x10 board and address numbers. Total...about $12.00! We have a neighbor that has a router, so my husband made all of the cuts and I painted in the lines with black acrylic paint. He distressed it using a handheld torch and hitting a heavy chain against it. (What a smart guy!) We added the numbers and it is BEAUTIFUL. I transfers all of my kids' measurements onto it and I am IN LOVE with it! Take a peek for yourself....



Ours


I may decide to add more distressing, but for now, I think it's perfect! Keeping tract of your kids' height has never been so stylish.
Follow this link to my Pinterest Page for the Growth Chart Ruler
~Holly

No comments: