Saturday, January 25, 2014

Six Ways to Style~{A Black Gingham Shirt}

I am always on the look out for new layers to add to my winter wardrobe. We are on the cusp of our fifth--yes 5--day off from school because of extreme cold. Layers are a must and it is starting to become a little bit annoying. I do long for the days when one layer will suffice. However, as those days seem really, really far off I must make the best of things. I "stole" this top off my mama who had picked up two different styles in the hopes of choosing one and returning one. I like to think that I helped her with the decision by choosing one for me and one for her! Thanks ma! I have had to keep myself from wearing this shirt THREE times this week! Love it!

We picked this one up at JC Penney in the Joe Fresh brand

1. Sparkle
This is a simple way to dress up a shirt like this. Throwing a sparkle tank over it makes it really shine! The outfit is given a funky vibe with the cropped pants and booties. 

Tank: Old Navy
Pants: Limited
Booties: Old

2. Neon!
Man have I missed my neon wardrobe pieces this winter. I just haven't felt comfortable breaking them out this winter season. Until now! I thought this scarf and flats added the perfect pop to the checkered shirt. Welcome back neon!

Scarf: Old Navy
Skinnies: American Eagle
Flats: Old Navy

3. Graphic
I typically reach for my chambray button up to layer under this fave fox sweater. However, now that I have this gingham black I am in love with this combo! Cream skinnies and pink bling-y flats are the perfect finish! 

Sweater: Old Navy
Skinnies: Old Navy
Flats: Target

4. Khaki Casual
I don't think I have found anything that doesn't go with my khaki green army vest. It is a really versatile piece. It can be worn with jeans, skirts, dresses...you name it. I just had to try it with this top and I adored the result. I cuffed my skinnies once to work better with this hiking heels. Perfect casual outfit. 

Vest: Old Navy
Skinnies: American Eagle
Shoes: Kohl's 

5. Classic
My inspiration for this outfit came when I was trying to think of something comfy and cute to wear to work. I am on my feet all day and wear flats 90% of the time. I loved how classic the black and wine felt together. The snake skin flats add a little edge. 

Sweater: Old Navy
Necklace: Groopdealz
Skinnies: Limited
Flats: Macy's

6. Color Pop
So guilty. This is the other outfit piece that I wear all. the. time. This comfy sweater is my favorite right now and I make it work with just about anything. I dressed it up with pearls and some leopard print booties. What's not to love?

Sweater: Target
Necklace: Charlotte Russe
Skinnies: Old Navy
Booties: Target

No comments: