Saturday, January 4, 2014

Six Ways to Style~{a Rust Sweater}

We are back from a bit of a holiday blogging break! Where we are from the time for sweaters is non-negotiable. They are almost an everyday necessity. In fact, our entire state has school cancelled on Monday because it is going to be THAT cold. We are talking -50 below with the windchill. Gracious! Talk about the perfect day for throwing on an over-sized, long, comfy knit sweater. I snagged this sweater from Target after seeing it on J's Everyday Fashion. I bought it at just the right time as sweaters were 40% off and Target was offering an additional 10% for their credit card snafu. Score! $17.00! I just had to put together a couple of ways to style this gorgeous sweater. It is actually even better looking in person if you can believe it!
Want this EXACT sweater? Here ya go! 
J's Everyday Fashion post on comfy sweaters

1. Chevron Sure
I adore this bold chevron print dress but it is made out of a very light-weight fabric. I feared that it would be relegated to my summer closet only. I tried it with some tights and a black sweater and it "worked." However, when I threw on this rust sweater....voila! Perfect contrast and perfect amount of warmth. Footless tights and black booties give it a great bottom finish.

Dress: Burlington Coat Factory
Tights: Target
Shoes: Old
Belt: Old
Necklace: Groopdealz

2. Brown Beauty
One of the best features of this sweater is its length. It is perfect for pairing with leggings. These are my fleece lined leggings that I cannot get through the winter without. Another favorite for warm weather endurance is keeping my tootsies warm with boots. These were a Merry Christmas to me present this year!

Scarf: Old
Top: Old Navy
Leggings: Groopdealz
Boots: Baretraps
Necklace: Limited

3. Denim Cinch
I'll be honest....I am not going to show my white legs anytime soon with this weather. I most likely would through on tights with this outfit. I love this look with the over-sized belt cinching the sweater closed over the white button up. This outfit would be perfect for the office.

Button up: Limited
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Belt: Old
Shoes: Andrew Gellar (DWS)

4. Navy Know-How
This sweater just pairs so well with nearly every neutral. The contrast created with navy blue is one of my favorites. This is a perfect casual outfit that could be worn for running errands or to a weekend sporting event for the kiddos. The layering in the outfit will work well for adjusting temperatures.

Scarf: Old Navy
Top: Old Navy
Skinnies: Limited
Flats: Target

5. Tights Turn
I am willing to show a little leg in the winter as long as they are covered up in a nice, heavy, patterned pair of tights. Let's throw on a pair of boots too and only let our knees get chilly! I really love how the sweater nearly matches the length of the dress. It makes my torso appear much longer than it really is! The turquoise necklace offers a great pop of color.

Tights: Target
Dress: Ann Taylor Loft
Boots: Von Maur (Not Rated)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe

6. Color Me Striped
Be bold and pair this bold sweater with some bold colored skinnies! Break up the colors with a great patterned T in stripes or polka dots. The whole look is casual yet unexpected!

T-shirt: Gap
Skinnies: Herberger's
Shoes: Old
Necklace: Target


No comments: