Sunday, May 5, 2013

Six Ways to Style....dark wash denim!

Happy Weekend! Here comes another Six Ways post! To hear my ramblings of why I love these little posts, click here! I'll keep this short simple from here on out! This week I wanted to style one of my favorite wardrobe pieces--dark wash denim. I have dark wash denim in just about every shade, weight, and color and I love to wear them to work. I can even get away with wearing them on non-casual days because of their dark color and finished look. Also, some of the looks show how to wear a dark wash trouser which are perfect for work!

Side note: I must give a small shout out to my ultimate favorite dark wash denim jeans from American Eagle. If you are in the market for super comfortable, stretchy, and flattering jeans, you must check out the Skinny Kick jean from AE. They are reasonably priced and have a really unique cut to the leg--skinny through the thigh and calf but with a slight flair at the ankle. They do have a bit of a low-rise and I understand how that can turn some people away. I also own AE's Artist flairs in a dark denim and a pair of their Skinny jeans too. All of them are in constant rotation on my outfit menu (more on outfit menus coming soon!)

Trouser dark wash denim Stoosh at Marshalls:1 & 3
Skinny Kick AE: 2 & 4
Silver Skinny: 5 & 6

1. Neutral: This is a timeless classic. I put together an ivory sleeveless shirt with a lighter cream jacket. It's just enough of a difference to look put together versus not matching. This look is perfect for all year round. The faux snake skin shoe adds the finishing touch.

Ivory Sleeveless: Charlotte Russe
Jacket: Limited (found at the Good Will for $8.99!)
Necklace: New York & Co.
Shoe: Target

2. Red Love: A red blazer has been on my wish list for months! I finally was able to purchase one for a steal at the Limited during their virtual dollars event. I paired it was a white/navy polka dot top that gave the outfit a trendy, nautical feel. I adore the sky-high (surprisingly comfy) wedges that I paired with this as well. They are strappy with cognac and navy details.

Blazer: The Limited
Tanks: Gap
Shoes: Target
Necklace: len

3. Chambray: Light blue + dark blue + a touch of green = a GREAT outfit!! This chambray shirt goes perfectly with so many things, but a dark denim is one of my favorites. It's simple, but right in style. The green scarf adds just enough color to balance out the blue.

Chambray Shirt: Kohl's
Scarf: handmade
Shoe:  Sperry-Von Maur

4. Bold Stripes: Another blazer purchase from the Limited. I have a BIG soft spot for stripes. Throw in my love of contrasting colors and this outfit suits me to a T. My obsession with this dynamite orange statement necklace is borderline ridiculous. I love it so much that I try and throw it on with anything I can!

Blazer: The Limited
Tank: Gap
Necklace: Francesca's Collections
Shoes: Andrew Gellar (DSW)

5. Green Contrast: I love the green and yellow color combo here and how it pops against the dark wash skinnies but I CANNOT help but think of John Deere! Anyone else? Gracious. This polka dot cardigan is one of my faves and I pair it with everything under the sun...and apparently a tank the color of the sun!

Cardigan: Target
Tank: Target
Necklace: The Limited
Shoes: Style&Co by Macy's

6. Casual: This is the kind of top I wear when my muffin top and I are NOT getting along. I treasure its loose fit and 80's-esque style. The sheer panel on the bottom gives this casual look a feminine touch. A cool geometric necklace gives an edgy balance to the femininity.

Top: Charming Charlie
Necklace: Target
Shoes: Sperry-Von Maur
Bracelet: handmade


No comments: