Sunday, May 19, 2013

Six Ways to Style....pink skinnies!

I tell you what...the color pink makes me happy. How can you be in a bad mood when you are rockin some hot pink skinnies?? My oh-so-stylish-partner-in-crime Holly gave me a pair of pink skinnies that she found on stellar clearance last year  Boy have I put them to good use. We have had a terribly long winter here and I have found myself dragging these puppies out ALL. THE. TIME. to help lift my weather induced bad mood.  Holly herself is loving her own pair of melon/pink skinnies in a few pics here too! You need to get you some pink skinnies. Trust me.

Old Navy Super Skinnies (1, 2, & 3) NOTE: You should buy O.N. Super Skinny jeans two (yes, 2) sizes bigger than you normally would wear. The cut and fit of these does not match traditional sizing.

 Almost Famous carried at The Buckle: (4, 5, & 6): However, I found these babies at the local Good Will for $7.99! I am always searching for a good deal.

1. Dark Neutrals: Pink skinnies look great with a neutral contrast. The block top really pops against the pink pants. The gray blazer is actually faux leather (the pic doesn't do it justice) and I adore the pop of pink on the rolled up cuffs! I threw in a mint statement bracelet for a pop of coordinating color!

Blazer: Target
Tank: The Limited
Bracelet: handmade
Shoes: The Buckle

2. Navy Love: This is my FAVORITE color to wear with my pink skinnies. My fall family photos were done in this entire color scheme (try getting 6 people to coordinate, whew!) You can check out the pics here! The blazer really brings this outfit to a hip, dressy level. I am a sucker for a good polka dot so the tank just adds such flair that I can't resist.

Blazer: Forenza by The Limited
Tank: TJ Maxx
Necklace: Kohl's
Flats: Target

3. Pink Lemonade: This is the first thing that came to my mind when I styled this outfit. Lemonade is one of my favorite summer drinks and I enjoy both the pink and yellow varieties. It just felt so summery to pair these two colors with my polka dot chambray. Yum!

Sweater: Walmart
Chambray: Old Navy
Nude Pumps: JC Penney-Nine&Co

4. Cardigan Casual: It's so easy to throw on a tank & cardigan, and walk out the door. The grey and taupe are a great combination. This is a good way to tone down the pink, if you think it's a little bright.
The long necklace is the perfect accessory to give a little glam to this casual look.

Cardigan: Target
Grey Tank: Target
Necklace: Cookie Lee
Shoes: Von Maur-Born

5. Jean Jacket Pop: Denim works great as a neutral. The green necklace and shoe is the perfect accent to pull this look together. Remind anyone of watermelon?

Jacket: Old Navy
White T: Target
Necklace: Maurices
Shoes: Old Navy

6. Floral/Print: Burgandy and hot pink? Oh yes!  This "goes" perfectly together. I added a pop of turquiose for the shoe to give a little variety. The shirt is sheer and flowy. It's comfy and loose, but the sheer material helps it not look boxy either. 

Floral Shirt: American Eagle Outlet
Neckalce: Lia Sophia
Shoe: Target

No comments: