Saturday, May 11, 2013

Six Ways to Style...mint jeans!

It must be the weekend because a new Six Ways post is here! The central clothing piece to this post is my mint 'skinny' jeans! I have been obsessed with these for months. I don't know what it is about this color but it seems to go with any season and just about any color. My summer wish list is full of mint-hued items! (Lace mint shorts anyone?? Sigh). Such a fun color to style!

Mint Jeans:
1, 3, & 5: American Eagle
2, 4, & 6: Charlotte Russe

1. Animal Print: Mint works so well with gray tones. I chose this cheetah print gray sweater because it mixes these two great colors with a shot of animal print. Also, I have a r-e-a-lly hard time refusing animal print when I get the chance. Check out the flats too!

Cardigan: Old Navy
Tank: Target
Shoes: Style&Co for Macy's
Necklace: Kohl's

2. Khaki n'Cream: This outfit is neutral, but with a little detail. It gives a great look of spring without being too loud. This look is very classy and feminine.

Sweater: Target
Necklace: Target
Shoes: Nine & Co (JCP)

3. Navy Stripe: I used to be such a black and brown girl when it came to dark neutrals. I made a vow to not by anything black or brown for 6 months. What ended up happening is I traded my blacks and browns in for NAVY! I wear navy at least three times a week. It really acts as a dark neutral and goes with just about anything. I especially love it here as it creates contrast with the mint jeans. The lace blazer adds a simple, feminine touch that completes the look.

Blazer: TJ Maxx
Shirt: Gap
Flats: Target
Necklace: Forever 21

4. Ombre' Chambray: Think of a paint sample swatch. The colors are the same hue, but different shades. Pick the one you love and then go a couple of shades lighter or darker to compliment it. This is a good way to pull together an outfit without being too matchy-matchy. To finish it off, throw on a pop of color for a shoe. Viola!

Green cap sleeve: Target
Chambray shirt: Kohls
Scarf: Vanity
Blue flat: Target

5. Coral Neutral: Coral is in fashion everywhere right now. It's a color that has all the pop of orange without making you feel like you are marking a construction zone. The fitted khaki blazer helps to soften the color and the whole look feels serene. Throw on some comfy boat shoes and this is a perfect errand running, farmer's market, kid toting outfit.

Blazer: Gap
Lace T: Old Navy
Shoes: Sperry (Von Maur)
Necklace: Herberger's

6. Color Pop: LOVE! This ensemble is one of my favorites! I found the shirt first and just pulled together some pieces to enhance it. Every girl needs a great pop of color in her wardrobe for those days you feel like sunshine or for those gloomy days you hope for sunshine.

Print sleeveless: Marshalls
Navy Blazer: Marshalls
Mint Statement Necklace: Groopdealz.com
Shoes: Target

No comments: