Friday, May 31, 2013

Six Ways to Style--White Pants!

I don't really follow the old rule of "no white after Labor Day." However, I live in a state that is snow covered 5 (sometimes 6 or 7....or 8) months out of the year and wearing white does nothing for anybody. It's hard to stand out when you completely blend in with your surroundings. So, as soon as the snow melts I bust out my white wardrobe pieces. There is just something about an outfit centered around this crisp and clean hue that makes one feel stylish and pulled together. Go ahead and be bold about how you style this color. It looks fantastic with just about every other shade and you should totally experiment to your hearts content. Try out a few of the examples below and rock that white!


White Pants (1, 2, 3): Ann Taylor Loft 
White wide leg trousers (4, 5, 6): Old Navy

1. Stripe Satisfaction
White pants looks fresh when paired with a bold top in a trendy color. I adore coral this season and this shirt has the most flattering darts and tucks around the waist. A big chunky necklace takes the outfit from casual to chic. I love throwing on my cognac wedges (I am learning that cognac goes with nearly everything!) Pick yourself up a pair of reddish wedges or pumps and you won't regret it!

Shirt: The Limited
Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory (7.99!)
Shoes: Target

2. Double Dot
Owning a chambray shirt is a must. Owning one with white polka dots is just too much fun! I love this casual look that is brought to life with the polka dots. A nice, comfy neutral flat makes this the perfect running around outfit.

Shirt: Old Navy
Scarf: homemade
Shoes: Kohl's

3. Brave Yellow
The picture doesn't do this sweater justice. It is HOT yellow! Its a perfect match for the white pants because the two balance each other out exactly. I am a sucker for polka dots and this shirt brings this whole outfit together.

Sweater: Gap
Polka Dot Shirt: F21
Necklace: F21
Shoes: Target
Bracelet: Charlotte Russe

4. Perfect Palette
I LOVE these colors together! Lime green, teal and navy. The white pant is the perfect finish for this springy outfit. This would also go great with a white skinny, because the shirt is nice and flowy.

Lime Layering Tank: Target
Sleeveless: Gordman's
Blazer: Marshalls
Shoes: Old Navy
Necklace: Lia Sophia

5. Ravishing in Red
Another classic, this look is so crisp. I chose to pair it with a zebra sparkle shoe, so fun! It gave me an extra pep in my step. And who doesn't love polka dots right now? Not this girl!

Sleevless: Marshalls
Jacket: Kommothion NY (Good Will $7.99)
Necklace: Target
Shoe:Target

6. Mint+Coral=Perfect
These colors go great together! It's perfect for this spring. The mint necklace is enough color to pop against the coral. I've also done just a white collared shirt, but the chambray gives it an extra little something. The conac shoe polishes it off.

Chambray Shirt: Kohls
Cardigan: J Crew
Necklace: Groopdealz
Shoe: Anthony Gellar DSW




No comments: