Saturday, December 7, 2013

Six Ways to Style~ {A Chambray Shirt}

Someone I work with who is totally lovely AND follows our little blog, asked me why I wear my chambray shirt  A LOT but have never done a six ways post on it? I was a little stunned for a minute. Wait. What?! We haven't done a six ways post on how to style a chambray shirt? I actually went back and checked.....Nope. Really?? Wow. A chambray shirt is such a staple in my closet (It was mentioned in our Fashion Foundation series) that it actually makes its presence known in every six ways post but has never been featured all by itself! We decided to go back through our outfits and pull some of our favorite looks featuring a chambray shirt and serve it up here--finally! Soon we are also going to do a BRAND new post with SIX NEW looks with a chambray shirt. Yippee!

Best chambray shirts

1. Leggings: 
Chambray is the perfect layering piece when you are trying to create a comfy, legging look. The long t-shirt needs a little something to balance out the top and the open chambray shirt does the trick. Throw in some perfect boot socks and slouchy boots and you have nailed comfort and cute on the head. See the original post for outfit details!

2. Leather
I love pairing any of my leather jackets with my chambray shirt. The leather has a dressy/edgy vibe and the chambray helps tone the whole look down a bit. Throwing in a pop of color with the shoes is a great accent to the subtle chambray. See the original post for outfit details!

3. Ombre
Ombre really was a HUGE trend in 2013. Hair, clothes, jewelry, what have you...somebody tried doing it ombre. I love this ombre color scheme that without the chambray could seem too monochromatic. The chambray shirt breaks up the color movement perfectly! See the original post for outfit details!

4. Trousers
The awesome thing about a chambray shirt is that it can be both casual or dressy depending on what you put on the bottom half. The trousers in this pic are definitely more dressy and the chambray shirt comes along for the ride.  The light weight scarf is the perfect accessory. See the original post for outfit details!

5. Colored Denim
I love, love colored denim. It's not only cute but a confidence boost too. Sometimes people have told me that colored denim freaks them out a bit. My first recommendation is to pair ANY colored denim with a chambray shirt to help tone down the color. See the original post for outfit details!

6. Dressy
Chambray even works when you really want to doll it up. It works lovely with this outfit from the cognac heels to the mint statement necklace. See the original post for outfit details!

No comments: