Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things: {Fashion}

Just in time for the holidays AND on the debut day of a modern version of The Sound of Music...(Carrie Underwood anyone?)--We at TMS are sharing a list of a few of our favorite things. Each Thursday up until Christmas we will share 6 of our favorite, must-have, can't live without items in three different categories: FASHION, BEAUTY, AND HOME. Hopefully we can help you add to your own Christmas list this year! Up first? A few of my favorite...FASHION items (If you follow us, I am SURE you can guess a few already!! Hee hee!)


{1} Maxi Skirts
I have fallen in love with maxi skirts as a fall and winter wardrobe staple! I have purposely been experimenting with styling them with layers, boots, and belts. They are definitely something I wear year round and adore for their comfort and effortless style.

{2}Sperry Top-Sider Shoes
I snagged my first pair of these on major clearance at Von Maur a few years ago. They replaced a pair of Coach tennies that I had worn out. I now have three pair and wear them with all my casual looks. They work great with pants, leggings, or yoga pants. They are super comfy and casual, yet they still finish off a look perfectly. They are a bit spendy but will hold up beautifully and be a fashion staple for years.

{3} Chunky Knit Scarves
I love scarves period. Add in a little need for winter warmth and I am all over the big, chunky knit ones. Old Navy has amazing ones this season and I have two already. They are uber comfy and cozy and will ward off the cold and look cool at the same time.

{4} Michael Kors Watch
If you recall my birthday post from a few weeks back--this beauty was on my list. Well my hubby came through. Big Time. I have a gorgeous rose gold version with a diamond studded outer ring. I wear it every single day and adore it. I read a great blog post once about whether a purchase is justified or not. She mentioned her Michael Kors watch and I totally agree with her.

{5} Faux Leather Leggings
If you missed our Six Ways post about these bad boys...go check it out. I wear my leather leggings too much probably. They are so comfy and make a slouchy t-shirt look good. I get questions and compliments about them so so often. I even threw them on under a dress the other day and was so surprised at how cute it was. Get some!

{6} Animal Print Everything
Animal print just works. Throw on an animal print scarf and your outfit just went from Blah to Bam! Throw on your animal print flats and you suddenly have a spring in your step. Go bold with an animal print skirt and things just got serious! Pick up a few pieces that you can rotate through several outfits and you will not be disappointed.

Check back next Thursday for our next favorite things post--BEAUTY!


No comments: