Saturday, September 27, 2014

{Pinbuster!} Gallery Wall

I have pinned so many gallery wall configurations it is borderline unhealthy. I love the eclectic look of them and how they become a focus piece for a large or small wall space. However, I don't really have a natural knack for putting things like a gallery wall together. The event that pushed me over the edge was this discovery of THE PERFECT furniture piece. Since the day we moved into our house we had a very large, very dark, and very old china hutch on the main wall in our dining area. It had been there so long we kinda didn't even look at it anymore. That is until my obsession with creating a gallery wall in its place. We searched and searched for a buffet piece that wouldn't break the bank and would open up the wall space that I needed. I stumbled across a local company~ Carver Junk Company~ that refurbishes and re-purposes furniture in the most unique and beautiful ways for the most reasonable prices. It was here that I found THE PERFECT buffet for my gallery wall vision. Once the behemoth china hutch was out and the buffet was in I got to work! Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby (mostly) and this local "junk" company! I drew my plan out first and then over a few shopping trips over a few months, slowly gathered the items that would make up the "gallery."It took me weeks of having all the pieces laid out on my den floor until I felt confident enough to actually put a whole in the wall to hang it up.  Here is the final product!

The BEAUTIFUL buffet!






Most of the items were purchased at Hobby Lobby--that store will be the death of me! 
Several of the table frames are from Home Goods
Lamp is from Target
Metal letters are from Carver Junk Company 
Plants are from Home Goods
Canning jars are antique

Thanks for looking! 
Check back soon for my closet makeover!

No comments: