Monday, February 17, 2014

Six Ways to Style! {A Plaid Shirt}

Whew! Better late than never on this post! We are in the midst of a very busy basketball season for both my daughter and my hubby and blogging and watching an intense game just don't mix! I've been blessed with a long weekend so here is a new Six Ways. I picked up this plaid shirt at Forever 21 a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed styling it. I am even on the lookout now for one with even more red. Keep your eye out for one for me! I love the bright hues in this shirt and how it goes together with so many different closet pieces. I didn't even get pics of one of my favorite ways to wear this shirt--as a an underlayer--because I had so many other looks I wanted to fit in. Let us know how you style this trendy piece.
Need a plaid shirt?
One    /   Two   /   Three 

1. Maxi
I love this comfy look. This is a great way to wear your maxi in colder weather. Tying off the shirt keeps the look loose and casual. The finishing touches of a red scarf and red flats are spot on. 

Skirt: homemade
Flats: Gordman's
Scarf: Boutique

2. Army Vest
We did a post earlier on how to style this army vest and it has continued to be a fashion star for me. It adds an extra layer of warmth while being effortlessly stylish at the same time. As for the shoes--I have been totally swept up into the bootie trend and struggled at first to style them with skinny jeans. I wasn't in love with the scrunched up look. I solved the issue by cuffing or rolling my skinnies up to work with the height of the booties. Love! 

Vest: Old Navy
Skinnies: American Eagle
Boots: Kohl's

3. Cardigan
Pairing a neutral cardigan over this bold hued shirt is a perfect styling option. The neutral cardigan balances out the pattern of the shirt as well. 

Cardigan: American Eagle
Skinnies: American Eagle
Boots: Not Rated

4. Puffer Vests
Here in the frozen tundra (and I mean that LITERALLY) I need as many warm layers as I can find while still looking stylish. I have reached for my puffer vests over and over this winter. They had tons of warmth and keep you looking cute despite the frigid temps raging outside. I balanced my top half with my mustard skinnies which pull out the slight yellow in the plaid shirt. 

Vest: Eddie Bauer
Skinnies: Herberger's 
Booties: Old Navy

5. Blazer
This look was an OOTD of mine a few weeks back. I have worn it at least twice since then. It is dressy enough for my job yet cozy enough to feel dressed down. The bottoms are my FAVE coated navy skinnies. I would probably even throw on a cream scarf with this too!

Blazer: The Limited
Skinnies: Old Navy
Flats: Target

6. Color Match
This is my running around on errands casual look with this plaid shirt. A flowy top keeps me comfortable and loose. The red skinnies are a color match for the red in the shirt and gives the whole look continuity. I accessorized with a turquoise necklace and red flats. 

Top: The Limited
Skinnies: Gap
Flats: Target 




No comments: