Thursday, February 13, 2014

From blah...to BAM!

Starting a new post series on how to take an outfit from blah---to BAM! A basic to beautiful kind of thing. I really believe that most women want to look stylish for their own reasons. However, some women simply don't feel like they know how to "put something together." It may be that you are not sure of what colors "go" or if this shirt goes with those pants..?  It happens so often and we get frustrated so often that we just throw on the basics and walk out the door. I want this post series to show that it really doesn't take much (effort or items) to make an outfit pop. On to exhibit A....



Don't get me wrong..there isn't a single thing WRONG with this outfit. It's centered on an adorable graphic sweatshirt from Old Navy and dark skinnies will never lead you astray. However, it's simply a little BLAH. It has a very muted color scheme and the cream of the sweater can wash even a tan person out. The point here is to ratchet it up a notch by adding or changing a few small things to make it say BAM! Exhibit B....



Well, now I'm not sure about you but this is definitely on the road to better...if not BAM! The changes and additions took me all of about 4-5 minutes to do but I think the overall effect and therefore the overall outfit is much improved. I added color to the neutral tone of the sweatshirt by adding a coral button up as an under layer. I just love the pops of color peeking out from the collar, sleeves, and bottom. I accessorized with a spikey statement necklace and a chunky silver bracelet. These two small additions help finish the look and are evidence that you took just a tiny bit of extra time. I also made a change to my shoes. The flats are adorbs but I just felt that the look would be complete with some slouchy black boots instead. I made four quick additions/changes and the whole look is greater than the sum of its parts! Blah....to BAM! 

Shop My Style (really just go to Old Navy and you'll be golden:) 

Button Up: Old Navy
Sweatshirt: Old Navy
Tuxedo Skinnies: Old NAvy 
Necklace: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden
Bracelet: Southern Comfort (gift from my sista!)


2 comments:

Katlyn said...

mmm, LOVE this. I feel more comfortable putting outfits together, but need up stepping them up a notch. They often feel like I'm missing that last "pow!" perfect.

Katlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.