Monday, August 4, 2014

{Beauty Sleep}

Here today to talk about something beauty related although it might not appear so at first glance. I'm talking about sleep. That elusive thing that taunts you at 2:00 in the afternoon while you are responding to emails or changing diapers. That thing I wish I could store up and use as needed. That thing that totally, 100% impacts all your moods and reactions of the next day. Sleep. Pardon me while I yawn. I love me some good sleep. I like a nice dark room with a fan whirring blissfully in the background. Heaven help my husband if he even dares to snore....which he does not very often. Whew. However, the thing that impacts our sleep the most is our mattresses. We know just how we like them too. Firm. Not too firm. Squishy. Pillow top. Sleep Number. The preferences go on and on. My hubby and I slept on a pretty soft pillow top for YEARS. Despite how a good mattress impacts a good night's sleep, we were totally penny pinching when it came to buying a new one. You can drop a pretty decent amount on a mattress and I'll be the first to tell you its worth it. How well I sleep impacts my face the next day and my brain. Let's invest here and do it right. Or not? My hubby and I set out to find a new mattress and did the whole big mattress store thing to start off with. We were leaning towards memory foam aka Tempur Pedic. We laid on a lot of mattresses. Lots. They were awesome and awesomely expensive. Wow. After a little research to find an off brand memory foam mattress, we settled on one sold at Costco for around $500. Not bad.


However, on a random trip to Aldi's for some strawberries and pineapple, we stumbled across the same mattress (Pictured above--it comes in a compressed state in a box) for $149!! Regularly $199 for a queen size. We confirmed their return policy and brought that baby home! The experience of opening it is pretty cool as it quickly decompresses and becomes an 8-10 inch mattress in just an hour. It had a bit of a scent to it that went away quickly as well. Nearly a year later we are SOLD on this mattress as it has completely changed our sleeping. No more ab workout as I try to sleep on my side and not fall back into the middle "dip" of our old pillow top. I can barely feel when my hubby moves next to me now and it has resulted in far better sleep for the both of us. I'm writing this post now because Aldi only sells this mattress ONCE a year---right now. They have them in stock until they are all gone. We bought ours last year in September. Beauty sleep is important to how you feel and look and this mattress is comparable to a Tempurpedic for a fraction of the cost. Excuse me while I go take a tiny snooze!

No comments: