Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OOTD {Pop of Color}

I'll be the first to admit that I love me some neutrals. I used to have WAAAAY too much black in my closet and actually had to self-impose a moratorium on buying anything black for a year! Yes-a year. What did I learn from this experience? That color was my friend--bright, funky hues especially. I also learned that blacks and grays and tans look AWESOME with pops of color. The whole process made me rethink how I put outfits together and really helped me rework my closet.

Today's outfit of the day has TWO of my fave purchases from the last month. I searched high and low (price wise and location wise) for a great pair of distressed skinnies. I needed my skinnies to be distressed in a way that looked grungy but actually contained no "real" holes so I could wear them to work. I finally settled on a pair from J.Crew Factory and am in LOVE. 1) They are a midrise so those of you that hate the low rise trend and what it does NOT do for the ever lovely pooch, these are perf! 2) They are not skin tight skinny. The have just the right amount of give and stretch which makes them very comfortable and flattering.

My other favorite recent purchase are my lemon yellow moccasins from the Gap. They are literally like wearing slippers but offer the ultimate pop of sunshine to my neutral gray button down. This outfit was super casual but had such a put together vibe that I could get away with wearing it anywhere! LOVE!


{Shop the Style}

Top: Old Navy (similar)
Skinnies: J.Crew Factory
Shoes: Gap (similar)


No comments: