Thursday, July 25, 2013

Whippy Cake Girl Crush!



Ok...I have what I call a girl crush on Whippy Cake. I didn't want to call it an obsession because that sounded waaaay too unhealthy. Girl crush sounds more like the truth--I want to be crafty and cute just like her. She has loads of style and it is uniquely her own and she rocks it. Family is super important to her and she has adorable kids and hubs. So, who cares if I have a girl crush on her? What's the big deal? Why do we (or really just me, care?)Well--two things....

(1) I have grand plans of chopping my hair off like hers. I have already done step one by cutting off four inches and sporting a staggered bob. Step two will be trying to copy her ridiculously cute pixie cut. She has pictures and directions on her blog which I keep watching on a loop while I work up the guts to cut it all off.



(2) She USED to make the CUTEST headbands with rolled fabric flowers (and bunches of other sweetness). They were chic, vintage-y, and absolutely perfect. However, I discovered them AFTER she had JUST closed down her shop to focus on her beauty tutorials and consulting. Bummer. They are super trendy and popular right now and I just had to have one!



So---I promise I'll be back later rockin her pixie and telling y'all about it. Until then, I have to share my attempt at making a headband like the original Whippy Cake headbands. They aren't exactly like hers but they will have to do until she re-opens (PLEASE) her shop! As a creator, crafter, and designer myself I don't enjoy copycats but until she opens up her shop again, knock-offs will have to do.


Please check out Whippy Cake's blog! She has tons of great tutorials and tips! 

Let us know if you would like a full tutorial on how to make this headband cuteness! I learned from reading/watching a few tutorials I found on Pinterest. Thanks for indulging me and my girl crush! 

No comments: