Saturday, July 20, 2013

Six Ways to Style--a Basic White T

We are getting some awesome feedback about our Six Ways to Style posts! So many new ideas coming soon! A few people have asked us to style some of our Fashion Foundation pieces--things that most of you already have in your closets. So here we are with how to style a basic white T-shirt. BTW--we have also had a few requests to link where one can find similar outfit pieces...AS YOU WISH! Tomorrow is the last day to enter our giveaway!

Where to find some perfect white T's? We adore several of the styles Target sells. They are amazing because they have just the right amount of stretch and can be found in V-neck and crew neck. We were able to snag some on sale for between $5.00-$7.00!

1. Max It Out
We all know about my healthy addiction to all things maxi length. It seems so strange to me that I once feared the maxi length because of my shorter stature. Pairing a wine hued maxi skirt with a basic white T and a wide belt creates one of the cutest and most comfortable outfits I have had on in a while. I turned around and wore this exact outfit the next day!  Throwing on my awesome, studded Steve Madden gladiator sandals didn't hurt either.

White T: Target (see link above)
Belt: Von Maur (similar)
Skirt: Homemade (Thanks Mama!) (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden, Von Maur (similar)
Necklace: Charlotte Russe (similar)


2. It's in the Bag
I love this laid back look. The camel/cognac tone is the perfect color to accessorize this basic look. I added the hat for a little flare and layered two gold longer necklaces to add a little dimension to finish it off. LOVE it!!

White T: Target (see link above)
Skinny jeans: Herberger's (Union Bay)
Sandals: Target (same)
Hat: Target (similar)
Bag: Garage Sale! (similar)


3. Green Expectations
Note that I chose green boyfriend capris for this look but really ANY colored bottom (of any length--pants, shorts, whateva!) will rock the look. I do really enjoy the contrast between the white and green and how the whole outfit looks simply put together.

White T: Target (see link above)
Pants: Old Navy (similar)
Shoes: Steve Madden (see link in #1)
Necklace: Forever 21  (similar)


4. Khaki Kool
White and khaki always make a good combo. These wide leg pants give a little extra detail to the entire look. I threw on one of my favorite beaded necklaces and of course my leopard flats. Stylish but simple.

White T: Target
Pants: Abercrombie (similar)
Flats: Target (same)
Necklace: Lia Sophia

5. Neon Niche
I just cannot get enough of neon this season. The bright, bold hues just make me giddy. Love. Love. Love. How perfect does this simple outfit become with a couple pops of neon accessories? Seriously people--this is so easy! How many of us run around in cut-offs and a white T but feel like a fashion slouch? It is so SIMPLE to add accessories and totally RAISE THE BAR! You can do it! 

White T: Target
Belt: Forever 21(similar)
Denim Shorts: American Eagle (similar)
Shoes: Relativity at Herberger's  (same)


6. Basic with a Bow
High waisted shorts are right it style these days. These are super comfy, and the bow is such a cute detail. I chose a coral bead necklace as the finishing touch, but really any statement necklace would go. Gray is an easy color to coordinate with. Nude pumps complete the look.

White T: Target (see link above)
Shorts: from my friend Leah (shout out to you girl!) (similar)
Necklace: Groopdealz
Pumps: garage sale! (similar)



No comments: