Friday, November 21, 2014

Product Love {Primer & Foundation}

I no longer have the fresh, dewy, even skin of my youth. There are many aspects of aging that I actually enjoy, however my skin showing the signs of it is not one of them. I am constantly in search of products that will brighten this and hide that when it comes to my face. A huge lover of makeup makes this a fun process. Lately I have been on the search for a great medium coverage foundation. I don't need a ton of covering up but enjoy an even skin tone as much as the next girl. Here are two (three if you count the beauty blender which I have mentioned before!) products that I have fallen in love with and have each made my morning routine something to look forward too.



Even on my 5 minute face days, I use a face primer. Face primer evens out your skin tone and helps your foundation blend easier and stay on much longer. I have tried MANY primers from high end to drugstore and have landed on one that works well and has several features that I just love. This is the Flawless Beauty Primer from Pixi. This brand is sold at Target. I tried the primer first in its trial size and knew almost immediately that I would purchase the full size when it ran out. There is the tiniest bit of shimmer in this product that gives the face a gorgeous glow. It dries to a smooth finish is the perfect prep layer for foundation. 


Finding the perfect foundation can be a daunting task. You want one that covers well but doesn't look like its covering too much. I enjoy a medium coverage foundation that does not break down during the day and doesn't oxidize (turns orangish) on my skin. I try a lot of foundations and have settled on a few of my favorites. New ones come out all the time though and I feel compelled to try them out! One that recently come out on the market is the Ready, Set, Gorgeous line from Cover Girl. I usually am not a fan of Cover Girl because I feel like they have a scent to their products that is a turn off for me. However, I tried this foundation after a beauty guru recommendation and I absolutely LOVE it. This foundation is definitely more for people with oily skin which I do not have. However I tend to sweat on my face (its a long story....) and I need a foundation that won't break down under those conditions. I apply the foundation with my Sigma F80 or my beloved beauty blender. It dries to a pretty matte finish and really stays put the whole day. Best part? It is only about 6 bucks! 

Let me know if you try these out! 






No comments: