Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Beauty Beat {My Skincare Routine}

It seems strange to share my skincare routine here on the blog where I rarely, if ever, show my face! However, in my real life I do often get comments on my skin and how I take care of it so I thought I would go ahead and share it here. It is a pretty simple routine with reasonably priced and available products. I'll share with you what I do each day, two-three times a week, and once a week.


{ONCE A WEEK}

1. Get yourself some high quality tweezers. I have gone through my share of off brand tweezers and am almost always disappointed in the sharpness of the edges. I finally spent the money on an actual Tweezerman pair and am completely sold on the quality. I find me some good light and only tweeze single stray hairs.....promise me to NOT over tweeze, K?

2. I actually don't wax once  week....more like once every three weeks but I didn't want to create a category just for it. My sister in law convinced me to wax my own about 3 years ago and I have never looked back. I do go and get mine professionally shaped about once a year but I do all the maintenance in between. Sally Hansen has many waxing options and they all work well for me.

3. Yes, I shave my face. There I said it. You may think this is weird and I totally did too at first. However, I have quite a bit of "fuzz" on my face and felt that it kept my makeup from settling well. These razors are very gentle and take care of the peach fuzz perfectly. They are great for eyebrow and mustache touch ups too. Here's a video that gets right to the point.


{TWO TO THREE TIMES A WEEK}

4. I am a BIG, no HUGE believer in exfoliating. My theory rides on the fact that my makeup is only going to look as good as the skin underneath. If my skin is dull and covered in dead skin, my makeup is not going to look good regardless if it is drugstore or high end. I wash my hair every 3-4 days (maybe a post on that later, especially to convince those of you that just cringed when you read that) and these are the days I do steps 4, 5, and 6. I swear by St. Ives apricot scrub for its smell and its ability to slough away dead skin.

5. I received a Clarisonic for my birthday last year and quickly became a convert. Based on the same mechanism as the sonic toothbrush, its bristles move in a fast sonic fashion that really deep clean your face. It feels like a mini facial too which is a huge plus. They are a bit spendy but worth the investment.

6. Who doesn't hate a big 'ol blemish? Ugh. They are the pits. I have been fortunate enough not to have to deal with many of these bad boys (a true result of my skin care regimen in my opinion) but when I do I reach for my ELF zit eraser. It works best if you apply this in the early, early stages to let it really do its job. I see great results with this and it is very inexpensive...bonus!


EVERYDAY! Morning and Nighttime 



{AM~Morning Routine}

1. I religiously wash my face morning and night. If your face is dirty and makeup caked, your pores will be clogged, and in turn you will run into more breakouts. I am a DIE HARD Cetaphil face wash fan. Your local dermatologist will most likely recommend this too over MANY other face washes. Simple, gentle, and inexpensive. Bam.

2. Two products that I use daily are by Aveeno. They make really great products and one of my great "friends" Jennifer Aniston is their spokeswoman so....I love their Positively radiant moisturizer and truly believe it has diminished some of my freckle/sunspots over time.

3. I was not sure whether or not to put my fave Smashbox primer in this post or not. I don't use it if I am not going to wear foundation but it is such a part of my routine that I felt it had to be mentioned. This is definitely my most expensive product, however you don't use much and it does last a really long time. It fills in fine lines and give your face a smooth canvas for your foundation. It is stellar in helping your makeup last all day long.

{PM-Night time routine}

4. Love the Neutrogena eye makeup remover. I have very, very sensitive, allergy ridden eyes and this one bothers me the least. It is good at taking my gel eye liner off and I don't feel like I have to rub and tug to get the job done.

5. Who knew you could buy makeup remover towelettes in bulk? Yay Costco! I have tried many different brands and types of these in many different price ranges. I somehow keep coming back to these for their results and price. And the fact that I can buy and pack and my two daughters and I are good to go for awhile. These do a great job of removing my foundation so I am not sleeping in a face of makeup all night.

6. This is the Aveeno cream I use on my face and neck before I go to bed. It has a light scent and offers a good deal of moisture...especially for me in the winter when I get really dry. I wake up with a nice glow too which is a nice bonus no matter who you are!

Would love to hear in the comments what face routine product you can't live with out! 

No comments: