Monday, June 24, 2013

Time Saving Tricks: Picking out a great outfit in a pinch

The times we are tempted to throw on sweat pants and a baggy shirt are usually when we are pinched for time. I have created a quick list of a few tips for just those moments. This will take a quick minute to organize what you want and collect your thoughts. It's worth being organized for those times when you need it most. Read on fashionistas...

1. Pick out your outfit the night before or at least have an idea. Sometimes I am lying in bed, and settling in for the night and I will look over our blog posts or my Pinterest pins that I have found for fashion inspiration. This way I have an idea of what I want to wear before I look into my closet. It is a HUGE mistake to walk into your closet without an idea! I can stand in front of all my clothes and not have a thing to wear! Who's with me?? I know you know what I'm talking about. Have an idea or plan before you go into tread into a sea of clothes. You'll be happy you did.

2. Have a few go-to outfits for when you're really running late. This way you know exactly what pieces to grab for a great look in 5 seconds. Like I said earlier, when you are rushed is the time when most of us women are reaching for sweatpants/yoga pants, so get a few ideas and keep them ready. Our excuse is that it's easy. Let me tell you if you have an entire outfit ready, that's easier (and waaaay cuter) than sweatpants.

3. Invest in nude colored shoes. Sometimes I can spend what seems like hours figuring out the perfect shoe to complete my outfit. Sometimes, I find the shoe but need to change my shirt because now it doesn't quite go with the shoe. This is could go round and round! Ahh! Having a pair of comfy, cute nude colored shoes will save you those precious minutes. Nude usually goes with anything, so it's  great to have on hand.

4. Sometimes color coordinating can take a little time and brain power. A quick tip is to match your necklace or scarf to your shoes or a color on your bottom half.  This is an easy way to pull your look together from top to bottom. I have been watching my colors and trying to pick up pieces when I find a great deal.

5. Lastly, spend a second on hair and makeup too. Find a cute pony tail style and a quick "face" (make-up). I usually just do my eyes and a low pony with a strand of hair wrapped around the binder with a little poof if I'm running behind. This gives you a boost of confidence when it seems to be a bad start to the day.

Ladies let's be honest, we like to hit the Snooze button. If this is you, follow the tips above and getting ready in the morning will be easier than throwing on a set of cleaner pajamas for the day....and regretting it later.

--Holly

No comments: