Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hello Color!



A great way to spruce up an outfit is to add a pop of color. If you're just starting to venture out into the color wheel, a great place to start is accessories. These are inexpensive and make the biggest impact for your dollar spent. As you've probably already noticed we usually have 1 or 2 outfits in our weekly Six Ways posts that have a great pop of color. If you have time go back and look through the Six Ways posts, just look at the different colors and see how we put them together. Remember colors just have to go together, don't worry about matching. We also posted a statement bracelet blog that is great tutorial of making your own bracelets as pops of color. This was SUPER easy and SUPER cheap. This made it possible for us to pick the colors we were looking for at a craft store with umpteen million choices instead of a few bracelets at each store. Take a peak if you're feeling crafty (or not, it really was easy...I promise!) Emily and I are HUGE time management people. We are busy people! We have kids, husbands, households, jobs/school and try to have a social life. (Most of which is spent together creating this blog for you!) So any way we can save time and money, we are the first one's there. Oooh...good idea for a blog post. Stay tuned...

For now, check out below. I have a picture showing you one way to make a difference in an entire outfit by the addition of one piece of color.




Necklace: Burlington Coat Factory
Sweater: Gap
Jeans: Herberger's (Union Bay)

I chose to show you just a fairly plain sweater and added a great colored statement necklace. See the difference just a necklace makes? It just pulls together the entire look! This sweater is kind of a cream color, and in the winter months when my skin is pale and also cream colored, the necklace really helps so the bland color doesn't wash me out. It is such an easy way to add a little finishing touch.

I am loving adding a necklace or scarf for my POP of color lately. It's easy to throw one on and head out the door. Right now, I have a 13 month old baby girl, so big chunky earnings are out for me. Necklaces are working good, but something else might work better for you. Other accessories ideas are bracelets, earrings, belts, shoes, and list goes on. (I found a great image on Pinterest on different ways to wear a belt. I'll get that and post it soon.)  Try them all and let us know what is your favorite.


A few places I like to shop for trendy accessories on a budget:

Groopdealz.com (This site has deal of the day sales. I check pretty often because the items rotate every couple of days. You can also sign up for emails to see what they are offering. Usually the accessories run around $10.00 or less.)

Veryjane.com (Same as above. If you find something you love, make sure to grab it before the sale is over. That's speaking from experience, too many times I think "Well....I love it, but don't need it", but then I decide to back and get it and it's gone. Arrgh! I hate that! Now I can't stop thinking about it. Ugh.)

Charlotte Russe This store usually runs sales on accessories. A lot of times it is 2 for $8. That's 2 items for $8.00! Now that's a good sale!

Forever 21 (Usually has a no return policy on accessories, so make sure you're completely sold on an item before you buy it.) They have amazing prices, their more delicate necklaces start at $1.80! I check online once in awhile just to see what they have, before I make the trip to the mall.

Burlington Coat Factory- You never know what you're going to find, but that adds excitement for me. Emily bought a great statement necklace for over $20 at a boutique store and I found a very similar one here for $7.99! I was so excited I bought it in two colors, and she bought another color as well! You can't beat a good deal.





Let us know of any great deals you have found!
What other places have you found for great accessories?



--Holly

No comments: