Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Does it have to match?

Good question, right? It used to be uber trendy to be matchy-matchy...from your color coordinated scrunchie right down to your argyle matching sox. However, this trend has moved aside and made way for a much more doable, wearable trend of "coordinating." The thought used to be that if you were wearing pink pants then by golly you had better have something pink in your shirt or you simply didn't match. My mom asks me often, "Does this match?" and I always respond with, "Ma---it doesn't have to match, it just has to "go." Get it? Hear me cluckin? Today's trends are all about ombre color schemes, color blocking, and mixing prints. The days of matching are gone (for now--you know how trends go) so bust out that green sweater and throw it on with those pink pants. Trust me, it "goes."



No comments: