Sunday, January 24, 2016

Final Installment of #bestnine of 2015

The final installment of my #bestnine of 2015 is here! 

#7 Stitch Fix
Towards the end of 2015 I finally jumped on the Stitch Fix bandwagon. A few of my friends were doing it and I could see them pinning wildly to let their stylists know what kinds of clothing and accessories they enjoyed and would love to have picked out for them. If you are not familiar with the concept or idea behind Stitch Fix it is similar to Birch Box, Ipsy or other home delivery product services. With Stitch Fix you fill out a very detailed personal style profile. You are assigned a stylist and your stylist picks out 5 clothing and/or accessory items that match your style profile in some way. They ship you these 5 items on a schedule which you set. I get my fix every other month but many people have one arrive every month. I'll admit-- I really do enjoy getting my fix each month--I was hesitant at first because I wasn't sure if I trusted someone else picking out shirts, jewelry, and pants for me. Didn't I know my fit, size, and style best? I love fashion and am fine with searching for the perfect blazer or the latest trendy piece to add to my closet. However, if you hate to shop (I do not understand this but...it takes all kinds to make the world spin) this service is for you. You do pay a $20 stylist fee but it goes towards any purchase you make. You can keep all 5 pieces and pay the full amount or you can keep none of it and conveniently send it back in the postage paid, addressed package that comes with your fix. The biggest benefit of my fix is that I am being exposed to styles and fits that I would not normally choose for myself. Two of my favorite shirts currently in my closet were both from recent fixes. Check it out for yourself! 

#8 Investment Pieces

 I am ALWAYS down for a good ol' fashion bargain. I get a thrill when I get a really good deal on an item I have had my eye on. I'm also not one of those that buys something I don't need or want just because it was on a great sale. However, ever since I purged my closet and worked my way through a capsule wardrobe, I have been very selective in what I add to my closet in the form of new purchases. My capsule wardrobe experience helped me see that fewer, high quality pieces are more versatile than many mediocre pieces that don't fit right or are not the right color or fabric. I have decided instead to save up and invest in classic pieces that compliment my wardrobe from season to season and that will become staples for years to come. Here are my favorite items that I have purchased this past year--despite the higher price tag. (My husband would accuse me of employing shopping math here but it really is plain old price per wear math :) 


Michael Kors purses: I have a black, cognac, and gray MK purse in my collection. I am not really a purse person--meaning I don't have a large collection that I trade out regularly. I tend to stick with the same purse for months and months at a time. These three purses take me through each season and go gorgeously with any outfit, coat, and shoes. They are timeless styles that when considering their everyday use, are a great investment. 


Sperry Wedges: I have the Sperry Wedge in gray and it is hands down my favorite shoe of 2015. These were actually a birthday gift from my  hubs ( I know, right?) The wedge gives me height and look great with skinnies and boot cut jeans. The kicker is how comfortable they are! I am desperate to buy them in cognac as well. 

Frye Boots: I very recently added my first pair of Frye boots to my collection.....again thanks to my hubby.  I have pinned, stared at, and coveted these boots for over 3 years, but could not justify their hefty price tag. These are not boots for the faint of heart. The Frye company began making boots for soldiers in the Civil War and have grown into a company known for their amazing leather riding boots. The quality of the boots is really unmatched and I know 2 people who have owned theirs for over 30 years. Each pair molds to each person for a custom fit. I'm not ashamed to say that I have worn them every single chance I get. Investment for sure! 


#9 Our New Home

There will be many posts to come about our new home. It was a years-in-the-making/labor of love process that we could not be more blessed and humbled by. We love our new space and a new chapter for our family. We truly felt that we were able to build the home we have always wanted and that we were able to add in features that are personal and handmade. I can't wait to share the process we went through in designing and creating the ultimate pantry. Also, there will be a tutorial coming soon on how we built a gorgeous barn door from scratch. This home took a lot of our time and energy for most of 2015, but it was so incredibly worth it. Subscribe to the blog to catch all of our new posts!



Comment below with your #bestnine of 2015

No comments: